It was hard to find paleo diet recipes some time ago but now you can access many easy and tasty diet recipes. In olden times, people used to eat food that prevented diseases and kept them strong. The modern man is enjoying the benefit of eating natural food that is easily available in the market.
There are many quick and easy ways to make paleo diet recipes. You can eat raw vegetable or combine them with other ingredients to develop a new taste. Many use method of steaming to restore all the nutrients of vegetables. You can get good recipes from Paleo cookbook. Recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner are divided into various categories.
The basis of Paleo Diet
The name Paleo is derived from Paleolithic period when people used to eat meat and vegetables. At that time, there was no concept of wheat and rice because they were not invented. The basis of paleo diet is to stick to hunter gatherer diet to improve body performance.
This diet avoids foods that are refined and processed. The reason why these foods are avoided is that they increase weight and cause several diseases.
What Paleo Diet Recipes suggests eating?
The food included in Paleo diet is rich in nutrients and it ensures your body gets right proportion of vitamins, proteins and carbs.
Preventing toxic food
The food that is supposed to be toxic for your body includes:
- Legumes: kidney beans, chickpeas, soybeans
- Grains: Rye, wheat, brown rice, oats
- Refined sugar, candies, cakes, sweeteners
- Vegetable oils: soybean oil, canola oil, corn oil
- Dairy products: Butter, yogurt, powder milk
Eating nutritious food
There are a variety of foods that you can eat while following this healthy diet plan. You can eat different vegetables, meat, nuts and fruits. Nuts are good for health but don’t overeat them. You should focus on eating food that is full of minerals and vitamins such as:
- Fermented food
- Sea food
- Meat of grass fed animals such as lamb and beef
- Leafy green vegetables
Once you start consuming nutritious foods and avoid eating toxic food, you will feel a healthy body. Apart from consuming healthy and natural foods, there are some other considerations that need your attention.
- You must try your best to keep your immune system as strong as possible. This is how your body can fight against different diseases.
- Don’t forget to take Vitamin D supplement if you cannot get enough sun exposure.
- Develop good sleeping habits
- Do exercise
- Avoid stress
How do paleo diet recipes plan provide lean proteins?
In fact, the diet plan focuses on providing proteins to body with the consumption of lean meat. This type of meat has less fat such as chicken breast and lean red meat. Similarly, chicken eggs are an obligatory food choice. These eggs come from chickens that are organically raised and contain good amount of protein.
Seafood is another good source of lean protein and salmon contains omega 3 fatty acid that improves health of brain and joints. Protein is helpful in repairing muscles and ideal for athletes.
Substitutions of restricted food to improve Paleo Diet recipes
Less use of salt: This diet believes in minimal use of salt. It is a fact that one cannot completely avoid salt but it is recommended to replace it with lime, chilli powder, garlic powder, pepper and other herbs while cooking. You can even use dried celery due to its high content of sodium.
Vinegar: Vinegar can be replaced with lemon juice. It is prohibited to use it in recipes because it was not available in Paleolithic era.
Butter and fats: Butter and fats are not a part of paleo diet food list. Hence you can replace them with olive oil or other vegetable oil. These oils can be easily digested by human body.
Sugar and alcohol: Paleolithic diet wants you to stay away from sugar and alcohol. But moderate use of alcohol is allowed for cooking purpose.
Sample Paleo diet recipes ideas
Here are some suggestions for you to prepare for breakfast, lunch and dinner. These recipes are easy to cook and of course healthy.
- · Omlette with a filling of your choice
- · Grilled peaches with mint
- · Scrambled eggs with fresh berries
- · Steak with topping of eggs and grapefruit
- · Lean turkey sauté with eggs and spinach
- · A bowl of strawberries and nuts
- · Steamed fish with mushroom
- · Fruit of your choice blended with coconut and ice cubes
- · Grilled chicken breast with carrots, broccoli or other vegetables
- · Steamed chicken with tomato salad
- · Grilled tilapia with lemon
- · Baked vegetables with salad
- · Roasted chicken with vegetables and salad
- · Vegetable or meat kebab with walnut salad
- · Prawn with asparagus salad
- · Grilled salad with green pepper and onion
- · Turkey with spiced seasoning and baked apples
- · Meatballs with mushrooms and green onion
It is a good idea to enjoy fresh strawberries and blueberries as snacks. Otherwise, you can also eat dry fruit, nuts and seeds.
Preparing paleo diet plan
If you have read paleo diet reviews, you must have observed that there is no restriction on amount of food to be eaten. All you need to do is to choose the right type of food to eat. It is a healthy approach to prevent your body from fat consuming diet.
A proper diet plan is required to know what you want to eat throughout the week. The first step in preparing a diet plan is to schedule your meal timings. Next, go to grocery and buy what you want to cook. You should buy the required stuff and avoid spending money on unnecessary food.
Many people have a tough time making changes to their eating habits especially if they eat processed food. Their body becomes addicted to that food. These people find it difficult to follow a diet plan but trying Paleo plan for 2 weeks, they can transform their body and feel a decreased craving for processed food.
Filed under: Paleo Diet Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!